Thursday, June 2, 2011

Computer Networking 101: What is an Access Point?

Now that I'm officially done with college, I plan to continue my education through personal study. I want to learn more about Computer Network, so every now and then I will post new articles titled Computer Networking 101. For those of us who are new to computer network, I will go ahead and share with you some of the things I learned during my study.

So what is an Access Point (AP)?

Basically and access point is your home or work routers. Routers are known as Nodes. Their main function  is to provide an access point in which wireless signal can be converted to digital signal. These devices are normally small and have an adapter, antenna, and radio transmitter. Access Points can be used for one computer or many computers as shown in the picture below.
Example of a Single Point of FailureImage via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta


iSHARE my Voice
Listen!

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to follow for future articles. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment