Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What is Digital Citizenship?

University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni Sch...Image via Wikipedia
As I am researching my next article topic, I came across an interesting term. This term is called Digital Citizenship. So what is it? Well, after a quick search online, I came across a definition that I suppose would best define the term. It is a concept that helps parents, teachers, and technology leaders educate young children/student on how use technology appropriately. According to Digital Citizen Blog,

"Digital Citizenship is more than just a teaching tool; it is a way to prepare students/technology users for a society full of technology."


Well, it's great to know that there are programs, and concerned folks teaching the young ones how to behave online. Do we take time out of our busy day to teach our children the right way to use the internet?

Check out my Podcast about Digital Citizenship, or hear my voice
Listen!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment